Best Diabetic Foot Surgeon in Pune - Dr. Hemant Chaudhari
Diabetic Foot Ulcer (Wound) -One stop solution
Dr. Hemant Chaudhari is one of Best Diabetic Foot Surgeon in Pune. Any foot wound in diabetic patients is called as Diabetic Foot Ulcer. 15% of these patients lose their legs because of improper management of wound care. This is because wounds in diabetic patients are very difficult to heal, due to
i) Majority of the patients have neuropathy and may not have pain at wound site. So, they tend to ignore wound care.
ii) Infection spreads rapidly in diabetic patient.
iii) 20% of these patients have blocks in their leg blood vessels which if not treated simultaneously, may results in leg loss.
Dr. Hemant Chaudhari is one of Best Diabetic Foot Surgeon in Pune.
We offer one stop solution for all these problems by providing all the standard care in the form of
1. Cleaning of local infection, amputation of dead toes
2. Antibiotic injections as per infection
3. Local antibiotic bead dressings
4. Special dressings such as Amchoplast, colloid dressing, Vacuum dressing etc
5. Angioplasty/stenting or Bypass for blood vessel blocks so as to improve blood flow to wound
7. Foot offloading – special foot wear which removes pressure at wound site and
helps in faster wound healing. visit Dr. Hemant Chaudhari Best Diabetic Foot Surgeon in Pune.
All these approaches must be given a look in every patient to provide wholesome treatment.
Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT) and Pulmonary Embolism (PE) – Treatment
Veins are blood vessels which carry back blood from body parts to the heart. Then this blood goes to lungs for oxygenation. Veins are of two types – Superficial veins (near skin) and Deep veins (situated deep inside near bones). Formation of blood clots in deep vein is called as Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT). It leads to sudden leg swelling & pain.
Sometime blood clots in leg can break off and travel to lung, this result in blockage to lung blood supply, called Pulmonary Embolism (PE) / Lung Attack. Like heart attacks its emergency and if not treated promptly, patient may lose life.
We offer 5 modalities of treatment for DVT and PE
1. Medical management- Anticoagulation (blood thinning injections)
2. Catheter Directed Thrombolysis (CDT) – with just needle puncture in leg, catheter (tube) is passed in blood clot and clot dissolving medicine is delivered directly inside clot.
3. Penumbra /Angiojet pharmaco-mechanical thrombectomy- With a single needle puncture, special catheter (tube) is passed in vein, clot are broken and sucked out.
4. IVC Filter- it is a metal filter placed inside main abdominal vein (IVC) to prevent blood clot from travelling to lungs (Pulmonary Embolism).
5. Compression therapy- Specialized compression stockings (socks)